August 31, 2010

August Challenge


Nothing like the last minute to enter right??!! lol


Guest Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the August Challenge.  She said, "I really had fun making this layout of my sweet daughter. This picture was from a recent trip we took in our RV. She was just happy and looking at me over her shoulder and I think it is super sweet, and shows what a beauty she will be when she grows up.


I used some pp from My Minds Eye - Spectrum Cools. I also used some more pp from MME - Deena's Penny Lane.


My mom crocheted the flowers. I made the flower I put under one of her crocheted flowers out of pp that I punched out with a scallop punch. I then cut along every two scallops and crunched it up a bit and layered them with the crocheted flower on top. I added some buttons from my stash.


I used a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays recent sketch challenge. Isn't it a great sketch??!!


I added a little purple bling and a couple of ornamental paper clips with charms on them.


I also cut out the title using my Cricut. The cartridge I used was the Cutting Up Cartridge.


This was a fun challenge to do and I have loved seeing everyone else's takes. Can't wait until next months challenge is posted!! Stacy H-W
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. awesome job. love your color choices and what a great, creative way to involved those around you in your layout (i.e. your mom's crocheting abilities!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful - and so is your page. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love those pink flowers your mom made for you! How smart to use her talents! :) The purple looks great and I think the sketch is pretty sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! I love the colors and the PP...it all works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your flowers are the perfect addition to your page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is so pretty! I love to crochete, wish I knew how to do those flowers. tfs

    ReplyDelete