October 1, 2011

October Quote Challenge by Stacy

Welcome to Scrap Our Stash!! It is Stacy here today to show you my October Quote Project. I'm surprised I don't use quotes on more layouts because when I do use them I LOVE them. I took these photos of my ds when he was out riding his bike with his brothers and sisters the other day. He LOVES to ride his bike! And loves to get his picture taken. He asked me to take these! ha And I thought they were cute photos so I decided I would try to record this moment in time with a layout. But wait this is a quote challenge...so I needed a quote.

Well, hello....Google is your friend! LOL I just put in the search for bike riding quotes and up popped the PERFECT quote for my layout! It is a quote from John F. Kennedy that says, "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." See....perfect!

I typed it up and printed it out on vellum. I trimmed it and then used brads to attach it to my layout. I used paper from a kit in my stash and can't for the life of me remember who it is from. Sorry. I already threw away the packaging. I stamped out the banner pieces and then fussy cut them out to make the banner. Most of the things I used on this layout were from my stash. (hence the beauty of making it for Scrap our Stash! lol)


I really like how it turned out and I think it really does capture a moment in time. Now it is your turn to do our October Quote Challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy Scrapping!




8 comments:

  1. Very cool layout! I love the little bikes and the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool layout - love all your embellishments!!! Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love all the details on this layout, like the flag at the top by the photo! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute page! I love all of the accents! I am definitely going to have to keep that quote in mind for a bike page for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page!!! btw..it's Cosmo Cricket...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your page! All the elements are great together and that tacked title is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - I love the colors you used, and what a great quote. I too may be stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything on this layout. The bikes that pop off of the page are great!

    ReplyDelete