December 12, 2011

Pagerize La Vikinga by Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge # 16.  She said:

I've been eyeing border punched backgrounds for awhile. Tone on Tone punched backgrounds always seem to make quite a statement. So when I saw the current pagerize this challenge at Scrap Our Stash, I felt the punched background would be a nice substitute for the stamped and painted background of La Vikinga's page.
Since this was a page for my wedding album, I chose to use some of Bazzil's pearlized cardstock. I only own three border punches and only one seemed to be appropriate for my wedding theme. This meant that  I had to get a little creative. I hand cut scallop borders from one inch strips. I then layered the leftovers from the punched edges and the hand cut borders in alternating patterns. Doing this made it seem as though I had more border patterns then I really did.

Pagerize this challenge#16-Scrap our Stash
Bazzill Cardstock
Apron Lace border punch- Martha Stewart
Bazzill paper flowers-white
other flowers-Prima
K and Co. brad
Webster's pages trims and lace
Little Yellow Bicycle hat pins with glass beads
Pink Paislee rhinestone button
Webster's pages sparkler's buttons
   I added an additional photo to the design and substituted flowers and embellishments for the title. I did not feel the page needed a title since it will be in the middle of my wedding album. I am happy to say that the lace I used was a scrap piece. There was just enough to make a second page with the same design.


I managed to use up the last of my Webster's pages sparkler buttons and several packages of flowers. I can say that I am happy to have used so much of my stash and I now have two more pages complete in my wedding album.

8 comments:

  1. Well aren't you just such a beautiful bride! I adore the tone on tone! It is so perfect for these pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! And you even made the effort to make two!!! I love your weddingpicture-backgrounds!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Love the flowers for a pop of color and very creative 'border' punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It turned out lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative use of border punches. I also love the monochromatic look of the background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages - and how ingenuous is the puched background. The colours of the embellishments work well with the cream base. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page - love the monochromatic color scheme - and what a great use of the border punches. This will look great in your wedding album.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tone-on-tone using the borders! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete