January 25, 2012

January NEW challenge by Debbie B.

Reader Debbie B. submitted this layout for the January New Challenge. She said:


Here is a layout I did for the "New" Challenge- I used only cardstock and no photos- instead I scrapped a poem that my daughter wrote- which both of these technigues are new to me- I was really stepping out of the box on this page. I used all cardstock and either embossed the sun & clouds, misted the masked stars, chalked the rainbow and drew some birds on the page. This will be a treasured page of my daughter for sure- it was a poem she wrote the night my father (her grandfather) passed away and I have saved it- so I thought I would put it into her scrapbook for wonderful memories.


Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com


All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! What a beautiful way to display her poem. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a great way to keep such a special treasure. You did a fabulous job with all the details of the page. Love the embossed swirls on the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did a whole page of journaling! Wow, you incorporated it well into the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always so hard for me to no use a photo on a layout but you rocked it!! What a great idea to scrap your daughter's poem. I love the texture of the grass and the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you accomplished a no-photo layout beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute idea - great way to save a memory without pictures.

    ReplyDelete