January 15, 2012

January NEW Challenge by Sarah

New Year... New Word of the Year.
For the past 2 years I've not made New Years 'resolutions' but instead chosen a 'Word of the Year' to guide me through the 12 months ahead. Previously they've been 'Create' and last year was 'Home'... both helped me so much focusing my energies to reach toward multiple goals.
This year is: Space.


Started this layout with paper I've been hoarding... it's just so pretty. Lovely Kraft Cardstock paper from My Mind's Eye Life Stories Pad. Though I love how it looks I wasn't sure what to do with it (we all have *those* papers don't we?) it looked 'all done' already.

Across the bottom are a picture of me and some clip-art images representing just a few of the 'Space' things I want to work towards this year: Life, In Home, Freedom, Finding and Financial.
Almost everything on this LO was sized and printed to 'fit' inside the sections already laid out on the Pattern Paper.

Sized and Printed the 'official' dictionary definitions of Space to fit along the side. Listed under 'Supporting Material' (Photo, Memorabilia or Additional Documentation) on the Paper.

Wanted a real office-y, file feel so in addition to gluing it on I stapled it.
When everything was on I spattered some light brown glimmer mist on (coffee colored) and messed it all up with a kleenex rubbed on a light brown ink pad. Some finger prints too!

The middle section was made up using 2 sheets I ripped out of a small art-pad and made to look like they were held in with paperclips.

The General Information section was filled in with printed papers to look like filing stickers.

Main image was played with on PikNik...
Vintage edge shading, some 'stickers' and added journaling:

Space: the Word of the Year. This is the artwork of the Artist Sarah Cooper. Her one-year mission: to explore this word, to seek out it’s meanings and build upon these things, to boldly go where no one has gone before…

The coffee ring is legit, it was made with the bottom of a mug 'painted' with the glimmer mist. An inked thumbprint for good measure, then the last thing added was some 'file notes' along the side.

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have something to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.

6 comments:

  1. Very fun lo. Love the stickers you added to the main photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that paper and for some reason, i have been intimidated to use it. You have done a wonderful job of layering your page elements over it and integrating them into the base paper's design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar paper and, like you, I was drawn to it but then haven't been sure how to go about using it. However, this is such a fun page and I it certainly has an office feel to it, it works really well and worth keeping in mind for when I get around to using my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nicely done. Love all the little touches you added. Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Love the way you expressed it on paper!

    ReplyDelete