January 3, 2012

January NEW Challenge by Tamara


Design Team Member Tamara submitted this layout for the January NEW challenge.  She said:

Here is my January NEW challenge: I used Cosmo Cricket papers and added some Bakers twin and sparkly brads. I am looking forward to some new memories to scrap. I love this new flower technique where you punch out a scallop flower and crinkle it up, then flatten it back out and scrunch it as you layer it. I also ink all my edges for the finished vintage look.

Tamara
http://scrappinsmiles-myblog.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have something to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.

To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. I like how you did the flower! That's a great technique for an aged/distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, congrats on your new grandbaby. I anticipate many new and fun layouts coming your way. I really love your flower. I'll have to try that. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamara; I like your unusual colour combination and the papers! And I see many of you teamies have your "babies" to represent something "NEW" fot this challenge!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute lo! Love the flower and inked edges. Sweet photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great layout, I love the bright colours, perfect for a new baby! love the flower K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet layout Tamara!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet layout! I love the little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute page! That flower looks adorable and yet looks so super easy to make. I need to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precious - love the cherry theme and the flower is adorable - and so it Crew. Enjoy him. I'm sure you'll have lots more layouts of him to share this year!

    ReplyDelete