September 1, 2013

Stash Challenge #7 ~ "Oh the Places We Go!"

Good Morning!
It's the first day of September which means we have a new challenge for you, and we will be featuring our September Guest Designer!!!

First the challenge....
Create a Travel Themed LAYOUT
 AND... you must include the following STASH items:
At least one of the following premade embellishments: 
airplane, train, bus, car, motorcyle, bike, or boat. 
AND that's not all...
 you must also include a travel signage embellishment
(Click HERE for examples of travel signage)

Here is the prize you are playing for this month:
Bo Bunny's "Detour" 12 x 12 Collection Kit
To be eligible for the prize drawing you must link up your project using Mr Linky
on the side bar by:
September 29, 2013 ~ 11:59 PM (PST)

Don't forget about the SOS Challenge GUIDELINES!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meet our September 
Guest Designer
Megan Laine
We are thrilled to have Megan her as our Guest Designer this month.   She has been faithfully playing in our challenges for the past few months and her work has been voted several times as our DT Top 3 pick.  
After reading a little bit about Megan, check out the fantastic layout she created inspired by our
September "Oh the Places We Go" Stash Challenge":
"Hi - My name is Megan Beaubien. I live near Nashville, TN with my husband, Brian, a high school teacher and head football coach, and my two boys, Eli (3) and Max (21 months). I am a CPA and work part time as an audit manager in a local public accounting firm. I started scrapbooking about 11 years ago while in college. After I got married, my scrapbooking dwindled off as I was busy with my career. I got back into scrapbooking with Project Life in 2011. Then in 2012, I started scrapbooking traditional layouts again and really enjoyed it! I have been hooked ever since! I truly love playing with pretty paper and supplies while documenting life's little moments along the way. Scrapbooking definitely helps me see my blessings and makes me thankful every day. Besides scrapbooking, I like sports - especially football. In the fall, you will usually find me at the football field on Friday nights supporting my husband's team. Thanks to Scrap Our Stash for asking me to be the guest designer this month. I truly love the challenges and always enjoy completing them. 
You can find more of my scrapbooking creations at my blog:" 




 
Read what Megan shared about her take on our challenge:
"When I was sent the September challenge, I really was not sure what I was going to do because I don't do a lot of travel pages, but then I remembered that I had not yet scrapbooked my husband and I's trip to Vegas in May 2012. I printed 6 photos in a grid and then layered travel ephemera and embellishments around it. The tag sticking out is where I plan to add my journaling as it can slide out."

Doesn't Megan's layout inspire you to want to get into your scrap space and create a layout to share with us and let us know where you have gone?

Come back tomorrow when we will reveal more wonderful travel themed inspiration!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Megan! Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Megan! So glad you are the GDT! This LO is awesome! Perfect for Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Megan! This layout is fabulous, love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and a lor of travel signages!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to know a more about you, Megan! You are such an inspiring scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very fun and colorful! What a great way to use a photo collage with all the elements peeking out from behind it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job with the challenge! Love the papers and all the layering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout! I posted my entry. It is not a layout but an album cover. I just completed this album for my daughter's boyfriend who visited with her over vacation. He had never been to Michigan before so we took him to some of our favorite sites. This is technically not a layout so let me know if it does not qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun challenge. I Love all the examples. We travel a lot so this was perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yet again a great challenge that I had to work a lot with but with great fun! My entry is posted :-) Love form Kada in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun challenge! I got to use an old animal train sticker in a unique way. It just all came together!

    ReplyDelete