June 5, 2016

"All About Dad" Layout by DT Sherri

Welcome to another day of awesome
June Book Inspired Stash Challenge
inspiration!
Today's beautiful, bright and cheerful layout is the creative work of
talented SOS Designer Sherri
Sherri:
"I knew I wanted to use a photo of my Dad, from Father's Day 2015 - and I knew I had a photo of him holding the "Fudgie the Whale" Ice Cream Cake we got him for Father's Day from Carvel. It fit PERFECTLY with the Challenge! We "Surprised" him with a cake we use to have when we were little, and still laugh about the "Tom Carvel, Fudgie the Whale" commercials! Also, when I found the photo, Dad had on a YELLOW Shirt! - Now, the shirt in the photo doesn't count as a "STASH" item - but it sure helped to use it as a jumping off point - and to help select papers and embellishments from my "Stash!"


ALSO - another note on the challenge - your layout doesn't HAVE to be about a DAD - you can use anything from the book cover as your inspiration - maybe the paint splatter, or balloons, or presents. Maybe someone sitting in a comfy chair, or a special secret or surprise.... It is all about how YOU are inspired, so have FUN with it!! Just let us know what inspired you!

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

Here's the challenge that inspired Sherri's layout:
Click HERE for complete challenge details and rules!

I hope you get a chance to play along and share your creative ideas inspired by this challenge with us!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment